Want to overcome the toughest part of the day, the lazy mornings with something easy and yet delicious for breakfast? What about combining your morning coffee and your breakfast together?
Well, here is the perfect recipe for such mornings – Chocolate mocha pancakes!
Are you a coffee lover? I definitely am. So, isn’t it a great idea to have the taste of coffee even in your breakfast? I personally loved the idea and that is why I wanted to try these pancakes. These pancakes are the perfect recipe for a Sunday brunch, keeping you full for a longer period of time. Whether for breakfast or dinner, pancakes are perfect for both.
There are so many discussions on whether coffee is good or bad for health. I will definitely say that it is good. ”Moderation alone ensures happiness.” So, anything in moderate amount will ensure happy living. So, coming back to the benefits of coffee, first of all it improves your mood and your energy levels because of its caffeine content. Caffeine always makes you active and energetic and also it helps you burn fat. Did you know that every fat burning supplement contains caffeine? That’s because it is a natural fat burner.
Coffee also contains essential nutrients and most of all, it makes you happy by keeping depression at bay. Now, do you see how much a cup of coffee can do? After all, coffee isn’t as bad as you think it is.
It’s coffee and chocolate doing the goodness for you on day-11 of the No Veggies, 21-Day Lockdown Series. So, what do you say? Can we mix the batter for some decadent pancakes? Get ready people, here comes the recipe for the chocolate mocha pancakes. Enjoy it with your loved ones! Stay safe, stay healthy! Happy cooking and eating!
If you have tried any of my recipes, then tag @the_busy_apron and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #thebusyapron. Also tag @TheBusyApron and share it on Twitter with the hashtag #thebusyapron.
Chocolate Mocha Pancakes
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp oil / melted butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, add instant coffee and 1/4 cup hot water. Mix well and let it sit until the coffee is dissolved completely.
- Take 1 cup buttermilk separately. To prepare instant buttermilk, add 1 tbsp vinegar to 1 cup milk and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- When the coffee has dissolved completely, add 1 tsp vanilla extract to it.
- Next add 1 tbsp oil to the coffee mix and set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- To the flour mixture, add the prepare buttermilk and the coffee mix. Mix everything together with a whisk.
- Now add the chocolate chips and fold it with the batter.
- Heat a pan on medium flame.
- Apply some butter or oil to the pan.
- Measure and add the batter to the pan and spread it to a 4-5 inch diameter. Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side.
- Once you see bubbles forming on top, flip the pancakes and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with chocolate syrup and powdered sugar.
- All purpose flour / maida can be replaced with whole wheat flour also.
- Whisk the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately before combining.
- You can add any neutral oil or melted butter.
- Do not over-mix the batter.
- While adding the chocolate chips, just fold it with the batter. Do not whisk the batter.
- Measure each scoop of the batter and then add to the pan.
- You can also serve it with some butter or whipped cream.