I am so excited to write this recipe! “The dreamy dessert” – meaning my dream dessert is this! It has all my favorite ingredients combined into one delicious dessert. This is worth having and I guess this will also be every dessert lovers’ dream!
First of all, I am so proud of myself for this and my other creations too! And I am also very happy that every creation of mine turned out to be a super duper hit! The dreamy dessert has all of my favorites in it put together as one delish dessert!
Why the name – the dreamy dessert? Okay so, there is another Instagram collaboration for which the theme is “dreamy dish” meaning, a dish which brings that heavenly feel and taste. So, I was thinking and asking everyone at home for their personal favorite.
And, for the past two days I was thinking about everything that I like and I finally decided that I should make a dessert. And then, I came to a conclusion on what my dessert should have – the star ingredients. Next, I decided on every layer of my dessert and then I finally put everything together,
Enough of all the suspense, right? So, the dreamy dessert has four layers of pure indulgence. The bottom layer is oreo crust. Next is a nutella cheesecake layer followed by a chocolate Swiss roll layer. The final one is a mocha pudding layer. Do you know see why I call it a pure indulgence?
So, I brought all of my favorites together – oreo, nutella, chocolate and mocha. Now, this is what I call as dreamy! Ain’t I right? I took so much time to decide on the layers and how they would turn out to be. Oh, and before going deep into those layers, I have something else too to mention here.
Nutella mocha lattes is also an inspiration for the dreamy dessert. Both nutella and mocha are in two different layers. Also, the chocolate Swiss roll cake is actually store bought. You can even replace it with normal chocolate cake, either homemade or store bought. Anything is fine.
About the layers, the bottom one is an oreo crust, made with crushed oreos and a little butter. The second is a nutella cheesecake layer made with nutella and cream cheese. The top most layer is a mocha pudding layer made with coffee (of course), chocolate and milk. This dessert is finally topped off with some chopped nuts (probably toasted hazelnuts or almonds) for some crunch.
So, do you all now agree with me that this is the dreamy dessert, indeed! It is just a blast of flavors – different flavors of course. Oh my god! Take one bite of this dessert, then you will know. It starts with the mocha flavor, then the nutellla and finally ends with the oreo crust! Oh, I just love this dessert.
So, enjoy this delicious dreamy dessert with your loved ones. Also, do share with me all of your dreamy dishes! It can be a dessert or even a savory dish! Stay safe; stay healthy! Happy cooking and eating! Oh, I forgot to mention that this dessert is completely no bake.
While you are here, do checkout my other dessert recipes! Try out my other no bake recipes for some easy dessert preparation! If you are also a mocha lover like me, then checkout my chocolate mocha pancakes recipe too! For an Indian touch, do checkout my Indian sweet recipes!
Has meal planning been a little bit difficult during this lockdown? Look through my No Veggies, 21-Day Lockdown Series for ideas on what to cook during this lockdown.
The dreamy dessert
For the oreo crust (bottom layer)
- 240 grams chocolate oreo biscuits
- 60 grams unsalted butter, melted
For the nutella cheesecake layer (second layer)
- ¾ cup nutella
- 250 grams cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ cup icing sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1½ tsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp water
For the chocolate swiss roll layer (third layer)
- 360 grams store bought chocolate swiss roll, cut into pieces
For the mocha pudding layer (final layer)
- 3 tsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- salt, a pinch
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Oreo crust layer
- Break the oreo into pieces and place in a food processor.
- Blitz the cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and blitz again until fully combined.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper. Transfer the cookie crumbs into the pan and press evenly and firmly onto the base. Chill until further use.
Nutella cheesecake and chocolate Swiss roll layer
- In a bowl, add gelatin and water. Stir it. Let it sit for 5 minutes for it to bloom.
- In a mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, icing sugar and nutella and beat using a hand held mixer in a medium speed, until smooth.0
- Microwave the bloomed gelatin for a few seconds until it becomes a liquid.
- After the gelatin is cooled slightly (for 5 minutes), add it to the nutella cream cheese and beat for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks are formed. Gently fold the whipped cream into the nutella cream cheese mixture in three parts
- Pour the mixture into the pan over the oreo crust. Chill for an hour. Cut the Swiss roll into half inch thick pieces and place over the nutella cheesecake layer. Place it back in the refrigerator until further use.
Mocha pudding layer
- In a pan, add 1 cup milk along with vanilla extract, sugar, salt, instant coffee powder and cocoa powder and whisk until there are no lumps. Place over low heat and keep stirring.
- In a separate bowl, add the rest of the milk along with the corn flour and whisk until there are no lumps. Add this to the pan with the coffee mixture and keep stirring until it thickens and the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Let it cool down to almost room temperature. Pour over the Swiss roll layer into the pan. Chill for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Top off with chopped nuts, slice and serve with some whipped cream if desired.
- You can use any cookies instead of oreos.
- To press the cookie crumbs onto the pan, you can use a flat bottomed measuring cup.
- For the nutella cheesecake layer, you can add more sugar or nutella, if required.
- To be on a safer side, you can strain the liquid gelatin after melting it to avoid any solidified pieces of it in the cheesecake.
- While folding in the whipped cream, fold gently. Do not whisk it.
- Instead of the Swiss roll, you can replace it with any chocolate cake, even homemade.
- While making the pudding, keep stirring it while on heat to make sure it does not burn.
- Keep stirring it even after taking it from heat to cool it down quickly.
- We do not want the pudding to set. It should still be in a pouring consistency and cooled down to pour onto the pan.