Back to our dessert recipes for Christmas! The next on the list is this gorgeous pink strawberry cake truffles. Can dessert be this delicious and gorgeous too? I guess these truffles truly define these characteristics!
So, to start with, these strawberry cake truffles were not in my list of Christmas desserts. But when I saw that one box of beautiful looking strawberries at the fruit shop, I wanted to grab that box before anyone else does and make some dessert with it!
Who is not – especially with strawberries. I am seeing them almost after a year. I wanted to try and make a different recipe with strawberries for this Christmas. Not the usual strawberry cake! Obvious these are cake truffles. So I did make cake first before making the truffles.
But. when you think about it, cake truffles are way more adorable than cake, right? No offense here, if you give me a cake and cake truffles and want me to choose between them, may be I would choose both. Either or is never an option for us, right?
Anyways, these strawberry cake truffles are very easy to make and are delicious too, not to forget the pink color and the flavor of fresh strawberries. Woah! They are just amazinggg! Especially cake truffles dipped in dark or white chocolate.
I dipped them in dark chocolate while dipping them in white chocolate will also be a better option. Strawberries and chocolates go hand in hand. Be it white or dark. The important thing is that we have strawberries and chocolates together, right? What more do we want!
You can make any strawberry cake to make these truffles. To make your work easier, you can even replace this whole cakes making with a box of strawberry cake mix. This is simpler, but of course I guarantee deliciousness in my recipe which I cannot say about this pre-made mix.
Look at the photos, especially the pinky pink centers – beautiful right! And these strawberry cake truffles will melt your guest’s heart with its look and taste too for this Christmas. Why only limit the colors to red, green or white for this Christmas. Let us mix it up a bit for these pink truffles.
These strawberry cake truffles are an amazing addition to your dessert list for this Christmas season. And, I have made the cake by beating in egg yolks with the rest of the batter and beating egg whites separately to stiff peaks and then folding them into the batter top make soft and spongy cakes. If you are following my recipe, then one tip from my side would be to take off the brown layer on the top of the baked cake to remove the egg smell. But, if you are good with it, then you can even avoid this step.
So, enjoy these delicious and gorgeous pink strawberry cake truffles with your loved ones. They make a great Valentine’s Day dessert too! Stay safe; stay healthy! Happy cooking and eating! Happy Christmas everyone!
While you are here, do checkout my other dessert recipes. Also, look through my cakes, bars, ice-cream, brownie , marmalade, and truffles dessert recipes to enjoy during this Christmas season. Prepare this show stealing braided pesto wreath bread for your holiday table.
Has meal planning been a little bit difficult during this lockdown? Look through my No Veggies, 21-Day Lockdown Series for ideas on what to cook during this lockdown.
If you have tried any of my recipes, then tag @the_busy_apron and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #thebusyapron. Also tag @TheBusyApron and share it on Twitter with the hashtag #thebusyapron.
Strawberry Cake Truffles
- 150 grams fresh strawberries, pureed
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3 whole eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp strawberry extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- few drops pink food coloring, optional
- 5 tbsp cream cheese
- 200 grams chocolate, dark or white
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- In a mixing bowl, add the egg yolks, milk and oil.
- Add the strawberry puree, strawberry extract and food coloring if using. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt and add to the egg mixture. Fold until combined.
- In a separate clean bowl, add the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites on medium speed for a minute. Start adding the sugar in parts and beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- This might take upto 5 minutes. Pre-heat the oven at 180°C.
- Fold the meringue into the prepared batter in parts
- Grease and line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour the batter and tap against the counter to release the air bubbles. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake down completely. Crumble the cake and add the cream cheese to it. mix well with the cake.
- Form 10-12 even sized balls and chill for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and the butter and melt for a minutes. Stir well to avoid lumps.
- Using two forks, take one cake ball and dip in chocolate and place it on a tray lined with parchment paper. Chill until the chocolate in hard.
- Serve chilled.
- While beating the egg whites, make sure that the bowl is clean and also the whites are free from any spec of yolk or dust.
- Add the sugar to the egg whites in parts.
- While adding the flour to the egg ,mixture, fold the batter until just combined and no more.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- While adding the meringue to the batter, again fold it into the batter gently. Do not over mix as this might release the air that was incorporated.
- Adding food color is optional.
- After baking, you can peel the top brown layer if you feel that the smell of the eggs are too strong.
- Crumble the cake once it has completely cooled down.
- Freeze the cake balls before dipping in the chocolate to make sure it hold the shape.
- You can melt the chocolate using a microwave oven or by using the double-boiler method.
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes. If it is still under-cooked then bake for another 5 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake truffles are dipped in the chocolate, chill it to make sure the chocolate is set before serving.