Craving for something sweet? Here is the perfect dish for you!
Day-2 of Lockdown series starts with a dessert recipe. This is a simple and quick recipe enjoyed by both kids as well as adults. Coconut ladoos are a perfect snack recipe too.
More than the regular meal, I think preparing a snack takes a lot of time. DO not worry as this dish is here to save you! It can be prepared in very less time and bingo! A great snack recipe to suppress your sweet cravings is ready to be savored.
This recipe uses only two main ingredients,
- Coconut (either fresh or dessicated)
- And Condensed milk
Using fresh coconut gives the ladoos an awesome taste, but you can also use store bought dessicated coconut if you do not have fresh ones. Whatever you use, make sure that it is shredded finely and no large chunks are present. Condensed milk, the next ingredient in making the ladoos, gives a wonderful flavor. I looovee condensed milk. As I type (my mouth drooling), I wonder who doesn’t like it? I know there are many and for those who want to replace it, you can go ahead and use sugar (normal granulated white sugar) or jaggery instead for a healthier option.
So, enjoy these delicious ladoos with your entire family. Stay safe, stay healthy! Happy cooking and eating!
- 1.5 cups fresh or desiccated coconut, shredded
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- halved pistas
- Add ghee to a pan and let it heat.
- Add the coconut and toast it in the ghee for a minute.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well with the toasted coconut.
- When the mixture comes together, add the cardamom powder and mix.
- Let it cook till most of the moisture evaporates. The mixture should neither be too moist nor be too dry. At this stage, switch of the stove and let the mixture cool.
- When it is still warm, take equal portions of the mixture and roll it into balls.
- Roll the balls in desiccated coconut.
- Garnish with halved pistas. Serve when cooled down.
- Make sure to let the moisture out first while toasting, if using shredded fresh coconut.
- Instead of fresh or desiccated coconut, even kopras can be used.
- While toasting do not let the coconut turn dark brown. Toast in a low flame.
- The amount of condensed milk used depends on how sweet you want the ladoos to be.
- Store the ladoos in the refrigerator if not having immediately and consume it within a week.