Oreo, cream cheese and chocolate- when a recipe is made up with only delicious things, then who wouldn’t like them? Yes, oreo truffles is one such recipe which is loved by everyone!
It is very easy to make and the best thing is that it only requires three ingredients. So, you can make, freeze and enjoy them whenever you want. But, in my experience I don’t think there will be a need to freeze them because, they are so tempting that you’ll not have the mind or the heart to save them for the future. Yeah, they are FREAKING DELICIOUS! I am yet to meet someone who hates them.
One other best thing is that you don’t need to bake or cook them. It can be prepared in no time and enjoyed as is. With a chocolate layer on the outside and soft oreo and cream cheese combo on the inside, a bite into these yummy truffles will tantalize your taste buds. Who knew that such an easy recipe would yield such tasty results that no one can resist.
So, why still wait? Get to work! Happy cooking… strike that, no cooking is required so happy preparing and eating!
- 20 oreo biscuits
- 85 grams full fat cream cheese
- 300 grams chocolate (dark, white or milk), for melting
- Gather all the ingredients required.
- Crush the whole oreo biscuits in a food processor. (Refer notes on how to crush oreos by hand)
- Add the cream cheese to the crushed oreos and form a dough by mixing them.
- Scoop equal portions of the dough, make them into balls and place them in a tray lined with baking sheet.
- Freeze the dough balls for 15 minutes or until it turns hard.
- Meanwhile place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring in between until smooth. (The chocolate can also be melted over a double boiler. Refer notes for the method.)
- Now using one fork coat the frozen balls in the melted chocolate and place them back in the lined tray using an other fork. Sprinkle the truffles with some oreo crumbs or chocolate shavings or anything of your choice.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the chocolate is set and enjoy the truffles!
- To crush the oreos by hand, place the biscuits in a zip-lock bag and hit them with a rolling pin and crush them to fine crumbs.
- To melt chocolate over double boiler, fill a pot with an inch of water and simmer it on a stove top. Place a heatproof bowl with the chocolate over the pot and make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir the chocolate and melt until smooth.
- While melting chocolate using the double boiler method, make sure the bowl used is wide enough to cover the entire pot thus allowing no steam to escape. Also, the steam should not come in contact with the chocolate.
- If the melted chocolate isn’t smooth, then stir in a teaspoon of coconut oil to it.
- Do not over melt the chocolate.
- I have used both white chocolate and dark chocolate to coat the oreo balls.
- To garnish the truffles, drizzle extra melted chocolate over it or garnish with chocolate vermicelli or rainbow sugar balls or leave it as such. They taste absolutely delicious in any way.